$2,000,000 Settlement – Premises Liability
Shiver Hamilton Campbell represented the family of an autistic teenager whose life was tragically cut short after the home his family was renting caught fire. At the time of the incident, the decedent was asleep in his bedroom on the lower level. After conducting extensive discovery and consulting over 10 experts, Shiver Hamilton Campbell was able to prove that there were not enough functioning smoke detectors present in the home when the house caught fire. Under Georgia code, landlords have a responsibility to provide smoke detectors on each story.