Marla brings thirty years’ experience in litigation to the Shiver Hamilton Campbell team, with more than half her career devoted exclusively to the representation of individuals in significant personal injury and wrongful death matters. After graduating from law school with honors, Marla began her career at an insurance defense firm, where she gained valuable insight handling cases from the defense perspective in areas including construction litigation, trucking cases and medical malpractice. After years of handling substantial litigation for defendants, Marla decided to follow her heart and focus her career on assisting families who have experienced catastrophic loss.
Marla has a wide range of experience, including fire and explosion, roadway defect, traffic control, trucking and commercial vehicle accidents, work site accidents, products liability and medical malpractice.
Marla has been recognized as a “Super Lawyer” by Atlanta Magazine for several consecutive years and holds an “AV-Preeminent” peer-review rating from Martindale Hubbell Lexis-Nexis.
Marla lives in the Morningside neighborhood with her husband, Jeff, and their daughter.
University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- Juris Doctor, With Honors
- Florida Law Review, Associate Notes Editor and Senior Galleys Editor
- George Milam Award for Best Case Comment
- Philip J. McLennan Memorial Scholarship
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
- B.A., History and Russian
- Magna Cum Laude
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
Honors & Awards
- Georgia Super Lawyer 2015-Present
- Henry Spiegel Milling, LLP
- Owen Gleaton Egan Jones & Sweeney, LLP
Publications / Speaking Engagements
- “Protecting Clients From Impeachment,” GTLA Annual Convention, 2018 (presentation with Alan Hamilton)
- “The Nuts and Bolts of Highway Design Cases,” GTLA Fall Workshop, 2013
- “Dealing With Apportionment Issues,” GTLA Annual Convention, 2011
- “Floyd v. USA: FTCA Medical Malpractice Claims Against HRSA-Supported Health Centers,” Superstar Personal Injury Greatest Hits Seminar, ICLE, 2011
- “Road Construction and Automobile Collisions: The Intersection Between Traffic Engineering and Accident Reconstruction,” GTLA Holiday Workshop, 2009
- “How to Prepare for and Present a Claim Against State and Local Governmental Entities,” GTLA Auto Torts Workshop, 2007
- “Admissibility of Expert Testimony in Motor Vehicle Cases,” GTLA Annual Convention, 2007