Decatur Front End Crash Lawyers
You never want to get into a car accident, but one crash you definitely want to avoid a front end crash. Also known as a head-on collision, a front end crash occurs when the fronts of two vehicles collide with each other.
These crashes don’t happen very often, but when they do, they are often very severe in nature. This is because they tend to happen at high speeds and the impact can cause a lot of damage to the vehicle as well as the occupants.
In fact, front end crashes are known to cause significant injuries and even death. Contact the Decatur front end crash lawyers at Shiver Hamilton Campbell to hold the negligent driver liable for their actions. We’ll help you fight to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and other damages.
What Causes Front End Crashes?
Front end crashes can be avoided by driving safely and following traffic laws. They are typically caused by human error, such as the following:
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving
- Attempting to pass a vehicle without enough space to do so
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Poor weather conditions
- Driving in the wrong direction
- Not following road signs or traffic signals
Damages From Front End Crashes
Front end crashes can cause significant damage to vehicles, depending on the speed and impact involved. While the front of the vehicle can be damaged, there are other issues that can occur. They include the following:
- Body/frame damage. This is a common issue after a crash. Damage can range dramatically from scratches and dings and other cosmetic issues to major dents that can render your vehicle undriveable.
- Transmission and engine damage. The impact of a front end crash can push the engine or transmission back into the vehicle, causing major damage. Replacing your engine or transmission can cost at least several thousand dollars.
- Steering and driving mechanism damage. The steering column, gas pedal, brake and other driving systems all play an important role in operating your vehicle. If any of these components are damaged, not only is it harder to drive, but your safety is also at risk. Avoid driving a vehicle with any type of mechanism damage.
These damages are severe and can affect the driveability of your vehicle. Because of this, it’s possible that your vehicle could be declared totaled in such a crash. If this occurs, you’ll want to ensure you receive the required compensation to adequately pay for all your expenses.
Contact Our Decatur Front End Crash Lawyers Today
Front end crashes can cause a variety of damages. They can cause severe physical and emotional issues as well as vehicle damage. Make sure you are fully compensated.
The Decatur personal injury lawyers at Shiver Hamilton Campbell can help you deal with the aftermath of a front end crash or any other type of car accident. Schedule a free consultation today to see how we can help. Call our office at (877) 215-6111 or fill out the online form.