Decatur Motorcycle Accidents Lawyers
Many Georgia residents enjoy riding their motorcycle on a gorgeous day. While motorcycles can be fun, they can also be extremely dangerous. Even if you ride safely and always wear a helmet, you can get into an accident and wind up with life-altering injuries—that is, if you survive.
When you drive a car, you have protection in the form of airbags, seatbelts, and the exterior of the vehicle. You don’t have that same protection while riding a motorcycle.
Motorcycle accidents can result in serious injuries, death, medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. The Decatur motorcycle accidents lawyers at Shiver Hamilton Campbell will work aggressively to help you get the best outcome in your motorcycle crash case.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle crashes can happen in a variety of ways, such as the following:
- Speeding. As the saying goes, speed kills. When it comes to motorcycles, this is especially true. Many motorcyclists find it fun to take their bikes to the limit. However, this is very dangerous and can cause loss of control as well as a serious or even fatal accident.
- Head-on collisions. These accidents often occur at high speeds, causing a motorcycle rider to get ejected. They are often fatal for the motorcyclist.
- Hazardous road conditions. Motorcycles are susceptible to hazards in the road. A pothole, loose gravel, uneven pavement, and debris may not be a problem for an automobile, but can easily cause a motorcycle to lose control. That’s because motorcycles have two wheels instead of four, and therefore less stability.
- Left-hand turns. When cars make left turns, this is a dangerous situation for a motorcyclist. Drivers of vehicles tend to not look for smaller vehicles like motorcycles. This means that the turning car often hits the motorcycle, causing a serious accident.
- Alcohol use. If you plan to ride your motorcycle, don’t drink. A large number of motorcycle riders involved in fatal accidents have blood alcohol content (BAC) above the legal limit.
Riding a motorcycle doesn’t have to be a dangerous activity. Here are some ways in which you can stay safe:
- Wear appropriate gear. A helmet, gloves, boots, and riding jacket can help protect your body should you get involved in a crash.
- Take a safety course. A safety course can serve as a refresher and help you understand the rules of the road. You’ll learn how to handle difficult situations with ease.
- Avoid inclement weather. If it’s raining or knowing, or the roads are too icy, cancel your ride. Water, snow, and ice can easily cause a motorcycle to lose control and get into an accident.
Contact Our Decatur Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Today
Motorcycle accidents are often catastrophic and even deadly in nature due to a lack of protection. Motorcycles are smaller than automobiles, making serious injuries much more likely.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, the Decatur lawyers at Shiver Hamilton Campbell can help you get the compensation you deserve. We understand the unique challenges you may face. Schedule a free consultation by filling out the online form or calling (877) 215-6111.