Decatur Car Accidents Lawyers
Car accidents are, unfortunately, everyday occurrences in Decatur and across Georgia. While many are minor, causing no injuries, many others are severe, causing catastrophic injuries and even death.
Car crashes are caused by someone’s negligence. When a person does not follow the rules of the road or properly maintain their vehicle, serious accidents can occur. When these accidents cause damages, filing a claim against the liable party can help you recover much-needed compensation. The Decatur car accident lawyers at Shiver Hamilton Campbell can assist you with your car accident case and fight tirelessly on your behalf to help you move on physically and financially.
Types of Car Accidents
Car crashes can happen in a variety of ways. The most common ones include the following:
- Rear-end. Rear-end accidents are the most common type of crash. They occur when a vehicle hits the vehicle in front of them. In these accidents, fault is typically very clear. The driver that hits the vehicle is almost always at fault.
- Head-on. In a head-on crash, the fronts of two vehicles collide with each other. These accidents occur when one vehicle crosses over the center line or when one driver is traveling in the wrong direction. These accidents are often fatal.
- Rollover. As the name implies, a rollover crash occurs when a vehicle overturns. This often happens when a vehicle hits something or goes off the road. SUVs and pickup trucks are most likely to roll over.
- T-bone. Also known as side impact accidents, these crashes occur when the side of a vehicle is hit by another vehicle. They often occur at intersections when one driver is not following traffic rules, such as running a red light.
- Single vehicle. In this crash, only one vehicle is involved. They often involve hitting a tree, pole, or other object. These accidents may also happen when a vehicle goes off the road. They are usually caused by intoxication, fatigue, or reckless driving.
Car accidents can cause a variety of injuries, depending on the circumstances involved. The most common ones include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Back injuries
- Knee injuries
- Broken bones
- Scars and disfigurement
- Post traumatic stress disorder and other emotional injuries
While some of these injuries may heal quickly, many can be long-term in nature. They may require surgery, extensive rehabilitation, medications, and other medical treatments. These injuries may also require time away from work, forcing you to lose income. Get the legal help you need from the personal injury lawyers at Shiver Hamilton Campbell.
Contact Our Decatur Car Accidents Lawyers Today
Car accidents can be life-changing events, resulting in significant medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other other damages. In some cases, the result is fatality.
The aggressive Decatur lawyers at Shiver Hamilton Campbell have secured multi-million-dollar settlements for clients. We can help you get the compensation you deserve. To schedule a free consultation, call our office at (877) 215-6111 or fill out the online form.